Monday 24 June 2013

Revision Sucks and so does school

I'm the type of girl who'd do anything to get out of revision. And by that i mean anything!
Its not that i'm stupid or don't want to do well - its honestly because my body is soo against it in a way i just can't explain.

I know i'll realise sooner or later how important it is and to be perfectly honest i think i already do. I simply just ignore that guilty feeling and carry on watching TV, shopping, eating or whatever it is. Then comes the day of the exam and i'm sitting there waiting on the words 'You may start..' and writing in as much as i possibly can. Its not that i don't work because i do, it just takes me a while to relieve myself of any distractions and get my head down.

Okay, i admit it i am probably the number procrastinator out there.

I'm supposed to be revising now and i did do some geography revision and it's only a mock exam, right? Ahh yes, my school is making the whole of year 10 sit mock exams. I guess there are benefits in the teacher's eyes they believe that getting us into that hall as much as possible will prepare us for the real exams. But i completely disagree! No matter how many times i sit an exam in that hall i will never be ready - its just a normal thing isn't it?

Revision, Revision, Revision i was working until my head couldn't take any more river land-forms, meanders or methods of erosion.

But however, there is a point to this post it just took me a while to explain how it fit in with my life... But the other day when i was sitting in geography, literally dying of boredom just 10 minutes after the lesson had started something made me look up from the pictures i was doodling on my folder. It made me think. It wasn't something amazing but there was my geography teacher standing at the front teaching and then he stopped and said, 'Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail.'

And that was it.

Three different words repeated twice (well,turned the other way around) stopped me and made me think about what i wanted in life and its true if you don't try, how do you expect to achieve or get?

No comments:

Post a Comment